Search This Blog

Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Bird Bath

Kristi wants a blue bird bath with the inside bowl covered in colorful "garden colors". This stands about knee-high, and the top is removable for transport purposes. This also of course will make it easier to work on.  I love creating things for Kristi, she is not only one of my best clients, but a good friend and ALSO an accountant.  (This comes in handy when I have mind-boggling questions such as "what's the dif between a credit and a debit", etc.) Kristi gives me something that I dearly love:  free rein.  Just make it beautiful.  So I like to pull out all the stops when I do things for her.

I'm using concrete mortar of a type that will become adhesive when mixed with water. Previously, I have always had to purchase an admix-solution that was messy, expensive, and foul-smelling. This new product could really add some energy to my out-door mosaic craft.





Pique Assiette Mosaic Bird Bath
www.MelissasMotif.com



Get the e-book:  www.melissasmotif.com

2 comments:

  1. Just today I was considering the idea of starting another blog to help promote my craft, and then I saw yours announced on Facebook! I look forward to following your progress. I've had a blog before and it was actually pretty successful, although I got lazy and let it drop off...Is this your first blog? Best of luck to you, girlfriend!--Cheryl Miller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, this i think is my 3rd blog. With the integration of all of these different technologies, i realized that i can just snap cell phone pics and send them right to this blog. And the blog is "inserted" into my webpage, so each post updates my website. These are activities and results that, as I understand it, will lead more Pique Assiette fans to me. I am determined to keep it up. But we'll see, right??

      Delete