Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A New Day

German Candy Boxes Early 1900’s



Recently, confounding medical problems led me to a state of disability, not only for my part-time government job, but also for my mosaic work. I DO still have plenty of work for sale, and I hope to be able to share a little of my experience as a fine-craft artist. (Not for the faint-hearted🌝)

I hope that you can continue to follow me through this new leg of my journey, but if you are not interested, (after all – you’re here for the mosaics, right?!)  I’ll understand if you drop off my mailing list.

 I’ll be exploring all kinds of artistry --  ones that don’t require QUITE as much dexterity, and strength to cut shards.  This month’s (February 2018) decorated bottles are first up.  If you want to exercise your creativity in an non-labor intensive way, decorating bottles are the perfect project.  (Some artists use words such as "refurbished", "up-cycled", etc.  I'm sticking with "decorated") I'm using some mosaic techniques, or altering them, such as my grouted paint texture surfaces. 
If you stay, feel free to chime in. I have gotten such good (and, well, puzzling 🤔 and humorous !) feedback from my mosaic customers,  friends and fellow enthusiasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment