Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mosaic Kits available for sale.



To learn the skill from scratch, you would need to gather some building materials, which generally come in huge heavy bags. You may have some of these around your house, but I firmly believe in freshness of both grout and mastic. I've made it really easy for you to see if this is a fine-craft that you will enjoy, without any trouble at all.

Each kit includes a 6-inch wooden frame, already sealed and ready to go. Good nippers -- I buy these new, but I always test them extensively. I REALLY like what these are doing for me. Also, a tub of white tile adhesive (mastic), a tub of white grout, shards of various colors and patterns, gloves, a Capodimonte flower (these DO have small chips -- that's how we are able to obtain them at not-quite-so exorbitant prices -- and a couple of other treasures.

The instructions are extremely detailed, especially the part about how to grout mosaics. They contain color photos of each step.
The shards are from my personal collection, not cheap plain dishes from wherever, but ones that I have painstakingly selected for their age, color and texture.

In additional are a few useful tools, even the toothpicks are included! A few paper towels to get you started, all packed in a tidy bundle and ready to ship to you today.

The price for all of this is $65, this is introductory, they usually go up in price as we get closer to the holidays and there is more demand for them and materials become more scarce. This includes shipping, as is my practice. Continental U.S. only.

No comments:

Post a Comment